NPL is applying the latest advances in measurement science, engineering and technology to fast-track UK manufacturing and help industry gain a competitive edge on the global stage. We help businesses, big and small, to become more competitive, sustainable and efficient through the application of better measurement, from raw materials to end-product quality assurance.
Opening a new facility to help UK industry secure a share of a global market set to reach $105.8 billion by 2020
We’re growing the economic impact and competitiveness of UK manufacturing, by helping businesses big and small to harness the potential of the digitally-enabled supply chain and take advantage of new materials and processes, like composites and additive manufacturing, to become more responsive, sustainable, and efficient.
Find out about the amazing advanced manufacturing work we're already doing with business and government.
- Improving lithium-ion battery safety
- New composites test facility to open
- New graphene allergen sensor reduces downtime and safety risks in food manufacturing
- NPL named member of All-Party Parliamentary Manufacturing Group
- Unlocking product verification opportunities for the aerospace industry
- Why data confidence is critical for UK manufacturing productivity
We make your impossible possible
If you have an advanced manufacturing challenge, get in touch with us to find out how we can help make your impossible possible.